Application Deadline: 31/05/2022
Salary: £21,000 – £23,000 per year
SimplyFixIt has been fixing IT devices in Edinburgh & Glasgow since 1996. Whether it's Windows based laptops, iPads & iPhones or Apple Macs, we take Care of It®.
We are looking for an IT repair technician to help repair computers, laptops and tablets in our Glasgow store. You will work across our projects carrying out repairs and refurbishments to our IT stock, assist customers with enquiries, keep excellent records, and work across all areas of the business operations. Some training will be available.
- Carrying out the repair and refurbishment of computers and tablets (e.g. Replacing tablet screens)
- Troubleshooting problems and researching technical solutions
- Explaining technical hardware and software repairs to customers in plain English
- Keeping excellent records
- Responding to customer enquiries
- Contributing towards the overall performance in the shop
- Highly organised, efficient and adaptable individual
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to support and encourage others
- Strong problem solving and research skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks and own workload
- Laptop repair and component replacement on a variety of makes including Macs.
- Extensive computer troubleshooting and hardware diagnostics.
- Basic computer networking and troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with Windows, Linux, PXE Boot.
- Experience in an organisation (paid or voluntary) which demonstrates excellent communication and team-working skills
- At least 2 year experience in a technical role
- 1 year experience in a retail or customer facing environment
- Component level board repair including water damage repair
Please apply with a CV and max 2 page cover letter with the subject title ‘IT Repair technician’ setting out how you meet the job criteria and including two references.
We regret we cannot enter into discussion about the role prior to application or provide feedback to unsuccessful candidates.
To apply please email Fraser at [email protected] with your CV and cover letter explaining why would be a good fit for this role.