Ideal Computing is the largest independent computer shop in Edinburgh. It's part of the SimplyFixIt repair centres, which has 7 branches in Edinburgh and Glasgow. Currently, we have a vacancy for a stockroom assistant, based at the Ideal Computing branch at Bruntsfield Place.
Due to the nature of the stock that you will be processing, it would benefit you if you had an interest in computer hardware, and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Especially Excel, Word and Outlook.
As a member of our Stockroom team you will assist the Store Manager in making sure that there is effective stock management in place to provide the store with sufficient levels of stock to support and increase store sales and to ensure that merchandising standards and visual product displays meet company requirements.
- Assist the store manager to enable the day to day operations within the stock room including all associated administration.
- Ensure that stock received is processed and available to the sales floor within agreed timescales.
- Oversee and receive all deliveries to the branch and to ensure that there is effective communication between the Stock room and third party couriers and supplier own drivers to minimise any delivery problems.
- Manage and coordinate all centrally allocated stock held in the stock room on behalf of the Buying Department.
- Assist and conduct all store product stock takes to provide suggested orders and stock level information to the Store Manager.
- Coordinate and produce lists of all damaged stock and write downs on a weekly basis
- Maintain a clear and safe working environment in the stockroom and associated areas.
- Ensure that pallets are uplifted by suppliers and that cardboard and rubbish is disposed of on a daily basis.
- Comply with all applicable legislation at all times, Health and Safety Law, Environmental Health and Retail Law. Completing appropriate checks on a regular basis.
- Other reasonable duties, as requested by the Store Manager.
This role would suit someone with previous stockroom experience who is available Monday to Friday. Salary £18,100 – £20,000 per annum.