You know how it is. You want to get to a shop but something happens and it becomes more difficult to get there. Maybe the cars broken down. Maybe the idea of finding a parking space is just too much to think about. Or maybe you've been stuck in work and can't get away. (Don't forget that if you do drive to a SimplyFixIt store to book in a broken computer, we will pay for your parking.)
SimplyFixIt have done their best to open shops around the city so that we can be closer to you. Currently we have 5 shops in Edinburgh City centre, and 1 in Glasgow City centre. (There's also one in Juniper Green and one in Dalkeith.)
But even with all of these shops it can be difficult to get there. So we opened at the weekend, with full opening hours (9-6) in most of the shops. Now we're going one step further.
We don't want you to put up with a broken computer or iPhone any longer than you need to. So SimplyFixIt has teamed up with Uber to offer their customers, and their faulty device, a free ride to their nearest SimplyFixIt store.
How does it work?
Contact your local store, either by phone on 0800 193 4948, or online using the contact form below. The technician may ask you a few questions to make sure that you actually need to make the trip. If the issue can be resolved without a trip, we'll always try to save you the time. Then if your repair qualifies (and most computers, iPhones and iPads will) we will arrange an Uber to pick you up. We will let you know the car details, and the driver's name too. The car will take you to your nearest SimplyFixIt store and we can then start the repair process.
There is absolutely no cost to you for the Uber.
What is Uber?Uber is essentially an app which connects drivers with passengers directly, instead of through a centralised booking service or by hailing a taxi in the street.
The Uber app – which is available on iOS & Android – describes itself as a safe and reliable way to get on-demand rides in most of the world's major cities. In some countries, it allows private drivers to use their cars to pick up people and take them to places. This isn't the case in Scotland, where every driver has been vetted and must be licensed by the local council.
After your trip you can rate the driver, and his car, out of 5. This is useful because the next time that you request an Uber, you can be picky and decide to only ride with drivers who score 4 stars or above. So there is a very real incentive for the drivers to offer great service.
Unfortunately there is always small print for every offer. But we have tried to make this as clear as we can. You should read these terms though, so that there aren't any surprises.
To qualify for a Free Uber you must
- Be within 4 miles of a SimplyFixIt store that is open.
- Pay for a repair. This covers any Windows based computer or laptop, iPhone & iPad or an Apple Mac. You will be asked to pay for the repair before the Uber has been sent. In cases where the device cannot be repaired, our standard terms & conditions for in-store repairs will apply.
- If there are not any Uber drivers available at the time that you would like to travel, then we will arrange the trip at another time that is suitable for you. We can not offer any alternative means of transport and there is no cash equivalent offered.
- This offer is only valid for a limited time, and may be terminated at any time without notice.
- Only 1 trip per repair is permitted. We will pay for 1 Uber trip to get you to the store. We cannot pay for your return journey, however if you have not used Uber before, we will help you set up a new account and get a £10 discount off the return trip.
- This offer is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Uber.